Terms & Conditions
This Site is owned and operated by The Really Useful Group of Companies (“we”, “us”). If you would like to contact us or complain about anything contained on the Site, please contact us using the following details:
Postal Address: 17 Slingsby Place, London WC2E 9AB
2. Accessing and Using the Site
2.1 You may not use the Site in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or licence that applies to you.
2.2 You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
2.3 Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that when using the Site you will not:
(a) intimidate or harass others or disclose personal information about others;
(b) publish, post, upload, transmit, share, store, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any content, material or information that is or may reasonably be construed as unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, harmful, fraudulent, confidential, hateful, discriminatory, threatening or otherwise illegal or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence, promote violence or incite racial or other hatred;
(c) upload any files that contain software, content or material of any other nature which contain Rights of any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having first received all necessary consents;
(d) upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other computer code, files, software or programs that may interfere with, damage, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) use or attempt to use another’s login, service or system without their authorisation, or create a false identity on the Site or impersonate others;
(f) post content which promotes a product or service;
(g) promote any activity that is illegal; or
(h) use software to harvest information from the Site.
2.4 You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that we may give you from time to time regarding the use of the Site.
2.5 You are responsible for obtaining (at your own cost) all necessary equipment and telecommunications services required to access and use the Site. You are responsible for ensuring that no one uses your equipment to access the Site without your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Site using your equipment has your permission to do so and you will be liable for any charges, costs, liabilities or damages that may be incurred by any such person when using the Site.
3. Property Rights and Rights of Use
3.1 All Rights in and to the Site and all content and materials contained in the Site (including without limitation any text, photographs, pictures, graphics, diagrams, video, audio, music, software, applications and their compilation and lay out (the “Site Content”) are owned by and shall remain owned by us or our licensors. You may view, download and print one copy of the Site Content made available to you through the Site subject to the following conditions:
(a) the Site and Site Content may only be used for your personal, non-commercial purposes;
(b) Site Content shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
(c) Site Content may not be modified, copied, altered, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part;
(d) you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in any Site Content.
3.3 Save as expressly permitted herein, any copying, reproduction, modification, distribution or sale of any Site Content or use of Site Content for any purpose shall be an infringement of our Rights.
3.4 In the event that you download any Site Content from the Site, you own the medium on which the Site Content is recorded but we do not transfer title to such Site Content to you and we retain full and complete title to the Site Content at all times, and all Rights therein (save in respect of any User Generated Content). You may not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce any software contained in the Site Content to eye-readable form.
3.5 Please contact email@example.com if you believe that content displayed on the Site has violated your copyright or other Rights.
4. Competitions and Prize Draws
From time to time it may be possible to enter competitions or prize draws through the Site. There may be additional terms and conditions applicable to those competitions or prize draws. Where additional terms apply you will be notified of that fact and given an opportunity to read and agree to those terms and conditions before you enter the competition or the prize draw.
5. Site access
5.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5.2 Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
6.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the Site Content is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the Site Content on the Site. Commentary and information is not intended to amount to advice and you should not rely on it without seeking independent advice for your circumstances. We may make changes to the Site Content, or to any products, prices or fees described in it, at any time without notice. The Site Content may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
6.2 We will exercise all reasonable skill and care in providing the Site. Some Site Content is provided by third parties and we do not guarantee or accept any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any such Site Content.
6.3 We are not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Generated Content or any other third party content on the Site and we do not control and are not responsible for what members or any other users post, transmit or share on the Members’ Pages (including without limitation via Profiles and the Forum) or on the Site nor for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content that any user may encounter on or in connection with the User Generated Content or any other third party content on the Site.
6.5 We do not warrant that the Site, any Site Content and any function of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations that the Site and the Site Content will meet your requirements nor do we make any warranty or representations regarding the use or the results of the use of any Site Content in terms of their completeness, accuracy, currency, reliability, or otherwise. We will not be held responsible for the security of the Site or for any disruption of the Site however caused, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
6.6 Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions of limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
7. Links, Third Party Websites and Purchases
7.1 This Site may contain links to websites and microsites (“sites”) operated by third parties that are not under our control and are provided to you for your convenience only. We make no warranties or representations whatsoever about any such sites which you may access through this Site or any services that they may provide. Without limiting the foregoing, these sites are not in any way approved, checked, edited, vetted or endorsed by us and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for the content, advertising, products or services available from such sites, their suitability, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or statements or for the quality or functionality of any products or services available on such sites or for any transactions, dealings or arrangements that you may have, or the consequences of such transactions, dealings or arrangements, with such third party site operators.
7.2 If you choose to access a site beyond our control, you do so at your own risk. You agree that any use of any such third party site may be subject to your acceptance of the third party’s terms and conditions. You agree that any transactions, dealings or arrangements (including without limitation buying any products or services) you carry out on any third party site shall be direct with such third party (on the terms and conditions (if any) of such third party) and not with us. You agree that we are not liable in any way in relation to such transactions, dealings or arrangements.
7.3 From time to time third parties may link to our Site without our express consent or knowledge. We are not responsible in any way for any dealings which you may have with these unauthorised sites or any content which may be displayed or linked to by these third parties. If you do come across any link which is offensive or otherwise unsuitable or inappropriate to us or our users please let us know.
7.4 If you purchase via the Site any merchandise, tickets or other products or services of any kind other than a licence to perform one of our theatrical shows you will be contracting directly with a third party seller and not with The Really Useful Group Limited (“Really Useful”) or any of its parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliates. All purchases made via the Site will be subject to such third party’s terms and conditions. You agree that we are not liable in any way in relation to any transactions, dealings or arrangements of any kind made between you and any third party seller via the Site and any such transactions, dealings or arrangements are at your sole risk and responsibility.
7.5 If you are granted a licence to perform any of our theatrical shows you will be contracting with The Really Useful Group of Companies. Such licence will be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be provided as part of the licensing process.
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
(b) any loss suffered by you as a result of your reliance on any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us to you; or
(c) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8.2 You expressly agree that your use of and browsing of the Site and the use of Site Content are at your own risk
8.3 Subject to clause 8.1, you agree that we shall not be liable for: (a) any direct loss, claim or damage; (b) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind that are not directly associated with the incident that caused your claim; or (c) any loss of profit or loss of savings or loss or corruption of data (in each case whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (i) any use of this Site or the Site Content; (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Site, the Site Content or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Site, the Site Content or the services irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; or (iii) any use of or reliance upon any Site Content or any other information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Site, in all cases even if we have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
8.4 Laws applicable in your country of residence may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8.5 Without limiting the effect of clause 8.3, due to the inherent risks of using the internet, we cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or any other property when using or browsing the Site. The downloading or other acquisition of any Site Content through the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such Site Content.
10.1 We may remove the Site or cease the provision of any of the services available through the Site at any time in our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
10.2 We may terminate your access to the Site for any reason in our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
11. Data Protection and Privacy
12.5 This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Data Protection Compliance Officer
The Really Useful Group of Companies
17 Slingsby Place, London
Tel: +44 (0)20 7240 0880
* Information that we collect from you and why we collect it.
* Use of your information
* How do we look after your information?
* When do we give information you provide to us to other people?
* Links to third party websites
* Your rights
* Children under 13 years old
* International use
Information that we collect from you and why we collect it
We collect a variety of information from you in order to help us provide a better service to you. This includes:
1. Membership registration information that includes personal details that enables you to have ‘access all areas’ and us to provide you with information on products, services or events and other information we think you might like. Please make sure your registration details are correct and up to date at all times so that we can provide you with this information efficiently and so that we can comply with our obligations to keep your information accurate and up to date. You do not have to give us any information if you do not want to but you may not get the full benefit of the Site if you leave certain pieces of information out of the registration form.
2. We may collect information that you provide to us by filling in other forms on the Site, including information at the time of subscribing for a particular service, purchasing a product, entering a competition or posting content to the Member’s Pages. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
3. If you participate in our Site by providing content, putting messages on our forums or bulletin boards or on your profile you should be aware that you are disclosing information to anyone else who might happen to be visiting such forum, bulletin board or profile. This means that others can get hold of any information that you give in these areas and you may get messages from people who you don’t know. Materials and information that you post to the Site are stored on our servers for the purposes of making such materials and information available via the Site.
4. You are responsible for your information on the internet and we advise you to be selective about what information you post on the Site or that you provide to other users. Make sure that you are careful when you visit our Site from a shared computer or in a public place like an internet cafe.
5. Competitions: From time to time we may hold competitions in connection with our content or products, or in partnership with one or more of our partners, as part of which, we may request contact information from you when you enter. We will use the information you provide to administer your entry to the competitions and for other purposes to which you consent at the time you give us your personal details. If we offer competitions which are run or sponsored by third parties, we may share the information we obtain from you with them. If that is the case, then we will notify you that we are sharing your personal information with such partner at the point where we collect it and you will be able to choose whether to participate in the applicable competition.
6. Information about you, from e-mails or letters that you send to us. For example, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Use of your information
The Really Useful Group of Companies will only use your information for the following purposes:
1. to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. to provide you with information about our products, services and events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have given your permission for us to contact you;
3. to provide you with information about third parties’ products, services and events that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have asked or consented to be contacted for such purposes;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
5. to provide customer service in relation to your use of the Site, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Site and to notify you about changes to our service;
6. to administer your membership account and enable us to provide you with access to all parts of the Site and to enable you to download information and materials from the Site;
7. where you have submitted information to forums, bulletin boards or on your Profile, to display to other users your username and any other information that you have submitted and to enable other members of the Site to contact you;
8. to administer, support, improve and develop our Site;
10. to send you general communications, such as information about the services provided to you by us at that time;
How do we look after your information?
We make sure that all the information we hold on you is processed in accordance with the DPA. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for the duration of your membership of the Site and for a reasonable period afterwards or as long as the law requires or permits. We will store all the personal information you provide, including your login details, on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and whilst we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
When do we give information you provide us to other people?
1. carefully selected third parties to contact you about products, services and events which may be of interest to you, where you have asked or consented to be contacted for such purposes;
2. any third party to whom disclosure is necessary to enable us to provide you with any service to which you have subscribed via the Site;
4. any purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of some or all of the shares or business of The Really Useful Group of Companies (or its subsidiaries, parent companies or any other subsidiaries of such parent companies) or any purchaser of the Site;
5. occasionally, the law will require us to provide information about you to third parties.
Where we disclose your information to third parties we require their compliance with the DPA and under contract we require that they keep your information safe and secret. We never directly disclose your information to advertisers but we may show you the advertisements of advertisers you might be most interested in bearing in mind what we know about you from your registration information and we do give advertisers information where you are not identified such as how many people have clicked on their advertisements. This may also include information about your demographics and particular interests, however they will never know who you are.
Links to third party websites
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to see the information we hold about you, please contact us in writing:
The Data Protection Compliance Officer
The Really Useful Group of Companies
17 Slingsby Place, London
We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We are also legally obliged to request you to provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data. You may request us to cease sending you any marketing information at any time by notifying us in writing or alternatively each marketing email sent to you will contain an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving marketing emails from us, or to change your expressed marketing permissions. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email. You may request us to cease processing your data at any time and if we are required to cease such processing we will. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to certain types of processing described above we may be unable to maintain your membership of the Site. Please contact us if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated at any time. If you have received unwanted, unsolicited emails sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Children under 13 years old
Notice to Children
If you are under 13 years old we cannot let you register with us until your parents or guardians give us written permission. You can still use other parts of our Site but you are not allowed to fill in any forms. Ask your parents or guardians to read this notice and get in contact with us.
Notice to Parents
We do not allow children who tell us they are under 13 to register with us unless we have parental or guardian consent. Nor can we let them buy merchandise from us if we are aware of their age and suggest that you make any transactions on their behalf. As a parent or guardian you can tell us at any time if you wish to withdraw your permission. We never give out details on children under 13 except to fulfil the action requested if that requires us to disclose personal details to an outside supplier and then only under strict contractual terms which protect the information our suppliers are processing on our behalf.
Our servers are situated in the UK, and when you submit your details and in whichever country you are situated you agree to the data being transferred to the UK and processed under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which stem from European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC respectively. If you are not in agreement please do not add your personal details on the Site. We may need to transfer your data outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) and by using the Site you consent to us transferring any such data in this way. However any company outside the EEA to whom we transfer data is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
Cookies are small files of information which are stored on your computer Websites you visit ask your computer to store this information and retrieve it from your computer to retrieve information on purchases you’ve made or are making online, or to automate the process of logging on to our site. Cookies are not capable of exchanging any other information from your computer than the cookie itself. Cookies broadly can be organised into four categories:-
1. Strictly Necessary
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
2. Performance Cookies
3. Functionality Cookies
4. Targeting/Advertising Cookies